User Tools

Site Tools


157th_ohio_volunteer_infantry

The 157th Ohio Volunteer Infantry in Howard County

Letters of Jefferson Glover indicate unit was at Relay House from May 20th, 1864 through June 5, 1864.

Primary Sources
Archival and Secondary Sources

“On May 17 it was ordered to report to Gen. Wallace at Baltimore, where it was assigned to Gen. Tyler's command and after remaining in camp a few weeks was ordered by the war department to Fort Delaware. During the remainder of its term of service it performed guard duty over from 12,000 to 14,000 prisoners. At the expiration of its term of enlistment it reported at Camp Chase and was mustered out on Sept. 2, 1864, on expiration of term of service, except Co. C, which was on detached duty, and was mustered out on Sept. 10.”

Regimental history taken from “The Union Army” by Federal Publishing Company, 1908 - Volume 2

157th_ohio_volunteer_infantry.txt · Last modified: 2019/05/27 06:48 by admin