User Tools

Site Tools


14th_new_jersey_infantry

The 14th New Jersey Infantry in Howard County

At Sykesville, 9/8/1862. At Elysville, 9/5/1862 - 9/16/1862. Reorganized at Ellicott's Mills after Monocacy. At Relay House, 6/1863

Primary Sources
Archival and Secondary Sources

WIKIPEDIA - “The 14th New Jersey Infantry was organized at Camp Vredenburgh (named in honor of Judge Peter Vredenburgh) near Freehold, New Jersey, and mustered in for three years service on August 26, 1862, under the command of Colonel William Snyder Truex.

The regiment was attached to Defenses of Baltimore, Md., VIII Corps, Middle Department, to January 1863. 3rd Separate Brigade, VIII Corps, to June 1863. 3rd Provisional Brigade, French's Division, VIII Corps, to July 1863. 1st Brigade, 3rd Division, III Corps, Army of the Potomac, to March 1864. 1st Brigade, 3rd Division, VI Corps, Army of the Potomac and Army of the Shenandoah, to June 1865.

The 14th New Jersey Infantry mustered out of service near Washington, D.C. on June 18, 1865.

Detailed service

Left New Jersey for Baltimore, Md., September 2, 1862. Duty near Monocacy, Md., guarding railroad bridges and other points on the Upper Potomac, until June 1863.”

14th_new_jersey_infantry.txt · Last modified: 2019/06/21 10:29 by admin