User Tools

Site Tools


149th_ohio_infantry

The 149th Ohio Infantry in Howard County

Reported at Relay House, 8/10/1864, per OR, but no evidence they were ever there.

Primary Sources
Archival and Secondary Sources

WIKIPEDIA - “The 149th Ohio Infantry was organized at Camp Dennison near Cincinnati, Ohio, and mustered in as an Ohio National Guard unit for 100 days service on May 8, 1864, under the command of Colonel Allison L. Brown.

The regiment was attached to Defenses of Baltimore, VIII Corps, Middle Department, to July 1864. 1st Separate Brigade, VIII Corps, to July 1864. Kenly's Independent Brigade, VIII Corps, to August 1864.

The 149th Ohio Infantry mustered out of service at Camp Dennison on August 30, 1864.

Detailed service

Left Ohio for Baltimore, Md., May 11. Duty in the Defenses of Baltimore, and at different points on the eastern shore of Maryland until July 4. Moved to Monocacy Junction July 4. Battle of Monocacy Junction July 9. Moved to Washington, D.C., July 13. Advance to Snicker's Gap, Va., July 13–20. Operations in the Shenandoah Valley July 20-August 23. Action with Mosby at Berryville August 13.”

149th_ohio_infantry.txt · Last modified: 2019/06/21 10:29 by admin